- Disk version must be HD installed for gameplay. CD version may be HD installed to improve game performance.
- HD installer is contained on disk 1. OS 3.x must be installed on HD boot partition.
- Installation requires approx. 18MB HD space.
 FLYIN' HIGH is a texture-mapped, 3D racing game that was released on both floppy disk and CD. The floppy version must be HD installed to play the game, while the CD release may be optionally HD installed to improve game performance.
 Min. Requirements (AGA version): AGA chipset, 68020 CPU, OS 3.x, 2MB chip/4MB fastram, HD or CDROM drive.
Min. Requirementss (RTG version): AGA chipset, 68020 CPU, OS 3.x, 8MB ram, CyberGraphX/P96 supported gfx card, 320x256 screenmode, HD.
 Game supports multitasking (memory permitting), 68020-060 CPUs with additional fastram, a quit back to WB option, savegames, joypads, and simultaneous gameplay for up to 4 players using a 4-player-adapter.
Additionally, the following screenmodes are also supported:
- 160x128/double size (fullscreen mode with doubled pixels, multitasking disabled during races, 68020 CPU recommended)
- 160x128 (small version of fullscreen mode, which is 1/4 size of a real fullscreen)
- 320x256 PAL (fullscreen mode with small pixel size, 68060 CPU recommended)
- 640x512 DBLPAL (activated using "Flyin Startup" game prefs program or by setting the PROMOTE tooltype via game icon)
 FLYIN' HIGH V1.05(demo) is available on Aminet (dir: game/demo/FlyinHigh.lha) and from the publisher HERE. It requires an AGA Amiga with 68020, 2 Mb chip/4Mb fastram and HD.
 FLYIN' HIGH V1.05(bugfix/update patch) is available from the publisher. FLYIN' HIGH V1.05, indeed, is the latest AGA revision; V1.1 as printed on the patch update disk, included with most retail copies of the game, is presumably a misprint.
Features of the V1.05 patch include:
- Players can select the strength of their opponents.
- Players can choose between joystick-fire and joystick-up for acceleration.
- Control of the car has been improved.
- Some internal changes to allow use of FLYIN' HIGH DATA DISKS 1 & 2.
- Other minor improvements that aren't directly noticeable.
 FLYIN' HIGH V1.2(gfx card patch) is available on Aminet (dir: game/patch/FlyinHighPatch.lha) and from the publisher HERE. The game must be HD installed first and the included V1.05 AGA patch will be applied if necessary before the game is patched to V1.2 for gfx cards.
 A number of other goodies for FLYIN HIGH enthusiasts are available on Aminet including:
- FLYIN' HIGH(cheat) that allows users to play every level of the game (including FLYIN' HIGH DATA DISK 1) plus watch all the game animations and listen to the soundtracks via GUI (dir: game/patch/FlyinHighCheat.lha).
- FLYIN' HIGH(glowicons) for OS 3.5/3.9 users (dir: pix/icon/Flyin_High_Glo.lha).
- Italian, Slovenian & Turkish localisations that allow users to play the game in these languages.
- V1.01 (26-Jun-97), V1.05/V1.1 (07-Nov-97) [AGA version]
- V1.2 (05-Nov-98) [RTG version]
No manuals found.
No cheats found.
No maps found.