Amiga Games That Weren'tAmiga LoreGeneralHall of Light
26 Jul 2023
The new HOL launched on Sunday 16th July 2023 at https://amiga.abime.net
There are lots of changes but the major updates are:
- Readable game URLs e.g. https://amiga.abime.net/games/view/hunter instead of https://hol.abime.net/764
- Game pages now have a Game->Version->Release structure instead of separate game entries. For example, Zool has three versions (ECS, AGA and CD32) and Driller/Space Station Oblivion are in one entry.
- New advanced game search and game listing.
- Responsive design that adjusts for desktop/tablet/mobile.
- New look and feel that tries to modernise but keep the old colour scheme, tabs etc.
- In-page game info/screen/file editing for editors/admin.
- DBSs are split into two screens alongside each other (horizontal for desktop, vertical for mobile).
- Default screen size is doubled to 640x512.
- Artist credits can have roles alongside.
- Features (programming language, enhanced features, graphics, sound) moved out of Quickmatch to separate section.
- Some Lore features incorporated into game entry e.g. scores, comments
- Lore, aGTW and APoV incorporated into the site.
- Achievements e.g. https://amiga.abime.net/users/view/user/id/25