Game design by Akos Divianszky and Tamas Kozak. Coding by Akos Divianszky. Graphics by Tamas Kozak; additional gfx by Csaba Kemeri; rendering by Tamas Kozak and Tibor Mester. Music/sound FX by Levente Toth.
Multilanguage translations/localisations & proof-reading by Amiga Translators' Organization (ATO) members, including Sinan Gürkan, Rúben Alvim, Alexandre Gabriel, Gustavo Sarmento, Daniel Mealha Cabrita, Mladen Ilisinovic, Shinji Miyoshi, Martin Samuelsson, Martin Johansson, Oleg Sergeev, Andrija Antonijevic, Ljubomir Jankovic, Paymaan Jafari Taayemeh, Ali Aarefi, Jari Pakarinen, Sami Raunio, Lasse Pedersen, Thomas Petersen, Michal Bachorik (Jardo), Ji Yong Dijkhuis, Frank Mosch, Franck Aniere, Soenke Tesch, Marco De Vitis, Francesco Celli, Marcin Orlowski and Miloslaw Smyk; non-ATO translations by Kay Are Ulvestad, Fernando Brischetto, Misha Malyshev, Akos Divianszky and Tamas Kozak.
 Min. Requirements (AGA version): 68020 CPU, AGA chipset, KS 3.x, 4MB ram (incl. 1MB+ chipram), keyboard/joystick/joypad, CDROM drive.
Min. Requirements (RTG version): 68030/25MHz accelerator + Z3 gfx card OR 68030/50MHz accelerator + Z2 gfx card (for AGA speed).
 Game features of onESCAPEE include:
- Coding in 100% assembly to achieve maximal performance
- Cache loading system
- Savegame support (to HD only, if present) at any time during the game
- Hand-drawn graphics and animations
- Rendered elements for complex objects like spaceships and spiders and their animations
- Main character with more then 1100 frames of animation, 70 types of movement, and nearly twice as large as the main protagonist in FLASHBACK
- Graphical effects including rain, reflecting puddles, moving beams of light + lens flare, gleaming shields, waving lights that filter through the surface of the ocean, waving screen underwater and rippling ocean-surface, and a vast number of background and full-screen animations.
- Intro sequence (5 minutes long)
- Many, many enemies with different levels of intelligence
- "Turbo" option increasing the speed of the game from 18fps to 25fps
- Digitised music throughout the game
- Controllable by joystick, keyboard or joypad
- Universal appeal to international game players as there are no texts or speeches except for some in the intro sequence
- Game is PAL/NTSC friendly, and also has RTG support (requires installation of onESCAPEE RTG patch)
 onESCAPEE was awarded "Best Game of 1997" by online news site Amiga Flame (see HERE).
 onESCAPEE V0.2a(AGA demo) is available for download on AminetHERE (dir: /game/demo/onEscapee.lha).
 onESCAPEE game enthusiasts may download a number of goodies from Aminet and elsewhere including:
- onESCAPEE(HD installer V1.3, AGA/RTG versions)
- onESCAPEE(AGA trainer) (dir: /game/patch/Ftn-oetr.lha)
- onESCAPEE (External music player for Eagleplayer) (dir: /mus/play/EP_onEscapee.lha)
 onESCAPEE V1.07(RTG/AGA patch) is available for download from these sources:
- onESCAPEE V1.07(RTG/AGA patch) [Source: EAB FTP site]
- onESCAPEE V1.07(RTG/AGA patch) [Source: EAB FTP mirror site]
- onESCAPEE V1.07 (RTG/AGA patch) [Source: Amiga Arena]
- onESCAPEE V1.07 (RTG/AGA patch) [Source: Obligement]
- onESCAPEE V1.07 (RTG/AGA patch) [Source: AmiWorld Online]
- onESCAPEE V1.07 (RTG/AGA patch) [Source: Chomikuj.pl]
 ***onESCAPEE(full release)*** was deemed freeware in 2007 by Richard Brown (ex-Sadeness) and developers Invictus, and is freely available for download from the following sources:
- onESCAPEE V1.0/V2.75(full CD release, AGA only) [Source: AmigaSYS]
- onESCAPEE V1.0/V2.75(AGA only + trainer, HD version) [Source: DamienD, via EAB FTP site]
- onESCAPEE V1.0/V2.75(AGA only + trainer, HD version) [Source: DamienD, via EAB FTP mirror site]
- onESCAPEE V1.0/V2.75(AGA only, HD version 1.3) [Source: Relative Matey & Dr.Zarkov, via EAB FTP site]
- onESCAPEE V1.0/V2.75(AGA only, HD version 1.3) [Source: Relative Matey & Dr.Zarkov, via EAB FTP mirror site]
 More info. about onESCAPEE can be found on the publisher's official webpage:
- onESCAPEE(old webpage) [Source: Internet Archive]
- THE ESCAPEE(current webpage)
- V1.0/V2.75 (11-Nov-97) [AGA only]
- V1.0/V2.76 (09-Jan-98), V1.06/V2.78 (06-Feb-98), V1.07/V2.78 (17-Feb-98) [AGA/RTG]
No maps found.